Wednesday, July 25, 2012

YouTube wanting to switch to real names in comments?


Article from CNN - I am very interested to see how this ill go down. The jist of it is, YouTube wants to tie in You Tube accounts with Google + accounts and have people that use/comment there to have their real names be displayed. This is believed to make people act less troll-like as they are not quite as anonymous.

Blizzard tried to do the same on the World of Warcraft forums to try to cut down on the level of trolling there. There was such a community out-roar they had to adress the issue and decided not to go ahead.

Blizzard's community however is pay to play... You Tubes community is free. Will YouTube get the the same lashback that Blizzard got? Im very interested to see.

Personally I am all for it, as I really am not fussed because it does not hinder me in any way. In fact, it took me a few days of using you tube to change my G+ details to an alias rather than using my full name as it seemed normal.

Feel free to post your comments or feedback, im curious :-)

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment