Thursday, July 19, 2012

Windows 8 and browser blocking ??


Stumbled across this article on C-Net. 

If it is true that Microsoft are attempting to block other browsers to work on this OS... Wow... What can I say. Firstly Internet Explorer is the worst browser I know of. No HTML5, it requires web-pages to have specific code written for many functions on the Styling Sheets and if I remember correctly, its a bit bulky (a memory hog) and runs Java programs much slower than the competition.

Whilst I am sure it would only be a matter of time before someone finds a proper way around this, (lookit! Chrome for Apple machines!) I think this would be a bad move from Microsoft. Ok, they would have a monopoly for a little while, but I think it would stop many people from getting Windows 8 for as long as they could hold out.

On the flip side - I have not research IE10 - perhaps they will release a version of Internet Explorer that meets the standards laid out by the rivals. Personally I prefer Chrome(41% of market), and then Firefox (34% of market) - and I design my websites to work with these browsers first as they hold the monopoly of the market. (16% for IE) >Linky to browser stats<

...

Time will tell, but for sure it has my attention! (Perhaps this is what they wanted :p )

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment