Thursday, July 5, 2012

Warhammer 40k, 6th Edition is here... Initial thoughts



Greetings all! It’s been a long time since I last wrote a post – Ill make a separate post about that – for now, I wish to discuss 6th Edition…

Disclaimer: Primarily based off hearsay, and some blog posts from people first experiences…

I have not yet got my mits on the latest rulebook, but I am hooking up with my 40k gaming buddy this evening to get educated. ~I intend to take my camera and give a report on my first game of 6th Ed later on.

Searching around for information on the changes, I and stumbled back to my favourite 40k bloggers page, ‘Way of Saim-Hann’ and now know a few things… Firstly, all games follow a form of Night-Fighting rule, where depending on the range – your forces get a cover save. This is clearly in an attempt to reduce the impact of ‘Alpha strike’ builds.

Secondly – Psychic rule changes have strengthened psychers considerably. Firstly, yey – my marine psychers might be more than transportation and cover saves now. Secondly – this really makes me want to get started on my Eldar army – especially since I think they will be getting their new Codex soon…

Lastly: Shooting appears stronger… Tanks are dropping like flies? , and infantry shooting seems stronger due to closer combat range and invulnerability saves at range. It sounds like armour for marines will be less valuable at range – but when it comes to cover saves… they are 5+ meaning having good armour is a bonus once you close the range.

More later!

-Velk

No comments:

Post a Comment