Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Android V IOs - the battle to date.

Another news article inspired post Im afraid! A post at GamesIndustry provided some information relating to current IOs and Android numbers. (Go take a peek, Ill wait. I'm not reiterating the numbers :p )

The claims are nothing new - Android's figures seem to peaking whilst Apple's climbs at a relatively linear rate, this has been fairly consistent for the last few months. What is interesting is the upcoming Iphone release... I posted about it a week or two back, and I must say it looks tasty. It looks like they are foraying into the grounds of new screen sizes and phone designs. Im sure it will hold the usual Apple quality but with a bigger screen, and hopefully, a bumper so the screens stop smashing so easily. If these things are true, I could see myself converting - or at least giving apple a shot down the line.

I have only used Iphones in a work environment, testing games before release and playing around with them. They have worked well but i have not been that keen on the look and feel. I am not ashamed to say I have leaned more towards Android over the last few years, but I am getting a bit fed up with how quickly the phones go buggy.

Anyway, I ramble. New Iphone due out - potentially breaking the mould and if its making me think of converting, it will do for others too... I wonder how things will go from here... On the contrary. BusunessInsider has posted >this<... same phone... if thats the case, I think they may be correct in their claim...

Stay tuned! :-)

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment