Thursday, July 12, 2012

Facebook V Google advertising



A task cropped up at work today... We are looking into the best Ad providers to use for advertising our products via Facebook.

I stumbled across this website, which is an analysis of performance between Facebook and Google Ad Sense. Can't be good for Facebook's business... but I cant help but think that many people would be interested in seeing this! Take a looksie!

http://www.wordstream.com/articles/facebook-vs-google-display-network

I find it particularly interesting that Facebook charge more, yet get 1/10th of the click through rate (That means people seeing the advert and the clicking on it to learn more about it) - and this HALVES in two days?! Part of me thinks this is all a hoax, but... well... Im not sure what to think. The produce we would be advertising is FOR Facebook, so it makes sense to advertise it there... *shrugs*

If the adverts can be targeted, then I think it might be worth investing a little to test it out...

I use Google Ad Sense on this blog, and I have no complaints about it. I cant help but wonder if i will end up seeing the product-in-question advertised via my blog :D

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment