Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stoo's Reviews. Transport Tycoon Deluxe, nostalgia gaming?

Transport Tycoon came out circa 1995 if I remember correctly. It is not a particularly exciting game, yet for some reason I find it quite... addicting.

Well, I downloaded it courtesy of the linky previously mentioned and fired it up.

The open source version of this game works quite well. There are numerous customisable options so you can play at a reasonable resolution etc. I set it up and went for it... I managed to play for about 2 hours, but I kinda "won" (Has an income stream around 100k a year, and no real objective or competitors.) With no set objective to win without competitors it is quite a boring game... you can challenge yourself to take on certain objectives, but overall - its pointless (moreso than most games that is). I am not that keen on playing with competitors - they tend to be too quick/efficient and if you want any chance of beating them you have to physically block their routes...

Anyway, give it a go if your into these kind of asset management games, because as far as they go - this is a good one.

Nostalgia says 8/10 - actuality is 6/10 in my opinion.

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment