Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Doom - The Cyberdemon!

Random post... I had a flashback to when I first played the original Doom - must have been circa 1993... just before I had a sound card. I would have been 11. This guy scared the everliving fuck outta me...

Back then we were running a 286 PC with a 20MB hard drive, and no sound card. The Doom Games were 15MB and came on floppy disks... If you got past the challenge of getting it on your hard drive - it was AWESOME. We did not have a sound card either, so the PC's internal speaker provided all the sounds... Usually the first sign this guy was near was Brrrowuuup, BrEeeeeeeeeewww! and that was you almost dead, or very dead...

Nostalgia. Oh, whilst Im mentioning Doom - here is a HTML 5 version - Doom for your web-browser basically. The page is missing as of the time of this posting, but it worked last week - so hopefully it will be back soon!

On a side note - this has inspired me to try to do some posts about games from my youth :)

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment