Sunday, June 26, 2011

Recent Accomplishments. Stuff I have been doing!

Its been a bit quiet on the geekery front the last week or two. I have been listening excessively to episodes of The Instance as I go about doing my job, but I thought I would put a summary of some of our activities here :)

1) Web design: My business site is now up: Frozen-Monkey Web-Design. (albheit still under construction.) The site of my first customer is also up - RCS Wind Services. I am enjoying doing the web design work, it can be fiddly - but I have done enough websites between hobbies and uni now that I have some experience and am building up a portfolio.

2) Jam Making: Me and the Mrs took the kids to local(ish) fruit farm and got a metric f-ton of strawberries, and decided to make the into Jam using our Kenwood Bread Maker. I must say, yummier jam I haz a tasted not!

3) Wine Making: Were turnin into a proper Good Life family here... Jam... Bread... now making our own wine. We picked up a starter kit from Tesco to brew 6 bottles in a week, aswell as slapping a batch of strawberrys together to ferment to make some strawberry wine for christmas time. Its quite entertaining. We have a lot of brewing stuff that has been passed to us from family - we are quite keen on putting it to use - there are a load of brewing websites about - although finding an actual brewer shop to get supplies from in person is a different matter...

Oh yeah, I have also been playing lots (too much?) of Transport Tycoon... Ive not been allowed to play WOW because its too time consuming, but we both tend to collapse on the couch in the evenings regardless and do nothing, so I have just been playing this... Pretty easy once you get the hang of things... (assuming you let building whilst paused be allowed...)

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment