Thursday, August 9, 2012

More on the Zynga scenario



I have absolutely no doubt what so ever, that I am NOT the primary news providing that you, dear reader, ascribe to.

However. There has been more happenings in Zyngaville that I felt like discussing, since I have put up a post or two prior regading the matter.

The first thing I wish to say is... EA filing lawsuit for The Ville looking like a Sims Social clone. (Call me a muppet, but I thought both games were from the same provider and kinda WERE the same game - so this does not surprise me at all now I think about it.). This can ONLY bode ill for Zynga. With the fail of their move to get Draw Something and its numbers then going down the pan, their general issues with shares dropping and suspicious activities... This hits them hard, I believe it was their recovery game. I may be sceptical, but I must say I dont want to see a big games company with a lot of employees go down the drain, but its sounding more and more like it is circling it to me...

anyway, for a more detailed look, here is a link to an article that I was reading from GamesIndustry.Biz. as you can see, things are looking grim.

Next post shall be a cheerful one, promise :p

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment