Thursday, August 9, 2012

Minecraft V 1.3.1 - my thoughts & let's play linky

So, Minecraft 1.3.1 came out at the beginning of the month. I have spent a fair amount of time playing it, I have also been doing a let's play of it. I must say I am thoroughly enjoying doing this let's play. I had been doing one for Hardcore minecraft before it, but the videos started bugging out and glitching and I lost a chunk of it so have paused it in favour of this for now. I have also been doing one for XCOM and periodic Portal and Blacklight Retribution videos, as well as a more recent series for Skyrim - with Dawnguard. All good fun :D

Now, I dont know what it is about Minecraft, but its hella addictive. When I first started playing it, it was creepy, jumpy but at the same time very simple (especially if you have the wiki page open! :p)

I learned to play whilst watching Tobuscus play that and Skyrim, and also watching the epic videos from The Yogscast. I think these helped to feed the addiction just a little... haha!

So, in 1.3.1 - a butt ton of new features have been implemented, from Enchanting enhancements (see what I did there?!) and Experience sources to new items and features such as gem trading (which as Gamechap and Bertie would have you believe - is not great yet...). So far my experiences have all been positive. The game runs just fine and dandy, and the only thing that seems to have changed is the amount of creepers. Dang creepers! dont just take my word for it tough, go check it out! :-) 

I have linked part 1 of my let's play below, I hope it amuses you!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment