Monday, May 30, 2011

Another day in the Internship


So, I have been working at an internship for two weeks now at a local company that has sites distributed throughout Scotland. At the minute the work is not hard. In fact, the toughest part about it is trying to find some of the sites as they are literally houses with rooms converted into offices, and sometimes there are patients living in them that I must contend with.

Well, having gotten most of the city sites out of the way - I must say, I am rather enjoying the more remote sites. Today I took a drive along the country roads out to Aylith, via Meigle and past Glamis through to Forfar. I ended up cutting the trip short as the Mrs needed me to come watch the kids - so Im currently sat at home working on the paperwork that comes with the position (the downside of it I guess! - lots of documentation.). I must admit though, it was very relaxing, driving about down the quiet country roads, listening to some Sonata Artica and Nightwish. Very chillaxing, if only every day at work was like this!

I have been trying to tag all the places I go to on FourSquare - but I have come to the conclusion that the Android App SUCKS... IF I manage to get a GPS signal to find out the local area, it can take several minutes for it to show - and there doesn't seem to be any way to refresh your location save hitting refresh on the places page, after using the google maps App to pinpoint my location...

More later. Work to do.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment