Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - articles


Christian Heilmann (@codepo8 on twitter) who works at Mozilla here in the UK, and who is a huge advocate of HTML5 in web development linked the updated Elder Scrolls website as being written in HTML 5, so I went for a browse. I have been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series ever since I stumbled across Morrowind back in  2002, so I took a long look at the eyecandy provided on this site - and actually found a number of very interesting articles - articles that are very interesting if you are interested in game development.

Having a browse on the TES site, the following articles relating to the development of TES IV, Oblivion caught my eye:

Game Audio. Focusing on audio immersion and voice acting.
Graphics Design in-game. Deceptively titled, this article goes into details of how they generate in-game terrain, scenery and sprites.

Im looking forward to Skyrim :) - though i have a backlog of games to work on. Dragon Age 2 and The Witcher 2 being the most prevalent. But what can I say. Vikings v Dragons sounds like its gonna be AwesomeSauce!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment