Thursday, March 31, 2011

Course... approaching... end! So much still to do :/


So - the last handin is due tomorrow, then its FREEDOM! - at least until the exam diet starts in May. So much to do in that time!

The latter half of this semester has been so dominated by assignments I have not attended many lectures at all, and have a LOT of studying to do before the exams. In addition to this, after last Friday's Hack day, and chattering with Christian Heilmann ( @codepo8 on Twitter) and Rowan Murray from Yahoo uk - I have been in the process of trying to arrange flights to the Bucharest open hack - which should NOT be so complicated...

My choices are British Airways - which involves getting to London somehow then paying over £400 round trip to Bucharest and back to London, then get back home to Dundee again. The alternative is fly from Edinburgh airport with KLM for about £300 - but have a stopoff in Paris on the way there, and Amsterdam on the way back - and the whole trip totals in excess of 26 hours when its 3 hours either way... thats 20 hours sat in airports for a weekend away... MADNESS!

I am also in the process of trying to set myself up as a business for contracting and web-design purposes. This is quite a lot of work and is pretty time consuming. Liability is the scariest part of it all. I feel competent, but will someone that is paying for services that run into an issue going to be accepting or monsters? Oh well! As an aside to the business - I have been tinkering around with Google Ad-sense as I would aim to have one or two placed on the websites I design - but as far as I have seen - its relatively pointless as they are rarely ever clicked on. I do notice I have got a habit of reading them on other peoples websites and viewing anything that  interests me!

Oh, I am also twiddling my thumbs waiting for news of an Internship I had an interview for yesterday. Hopefully I am taken on as it is a pretty sweet deal, with the added bonus that because of my computing background, the degree I will be qualified for when I start as well as my electronics degree, and 9 years employed as Electronics Engineer and RMSS engineer they are looking to extend (hopefully to the full 12 weeks so I qualify to have the summer placement be graded) the placement and have me do various other items of work for them.

Hmm... much to do, back to this report I go!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment