Sunday, February 13, 2011

R.E The Instance, So long Randy, and thanks for all the fish!

Randy Deluxe and Scott Johnson, writer and presenter of: The Instance
*Hugs them through the internet*

Im currently listening to The Instance podcast - #217. (hey, mil-standard used for electronic components in reliability engineering!)

I must say, I am saddened :( - I listened to the last couple of episodes back to back to find out a couple of days ago that Randy Jordan, AKA Randy Deluxe, will be leavign after this episode... and now here I am listening at it...

Wow, so gonna miss his contribution to my favourite podcast on the internet (The only one I truly listen to religiously)

I started listening to the instance either early 2008, or late 2007 when I was either ending employment at one unnamable company, or starting work at another unnamable company... I like to think it kept me entertained for the countless hours that it took to listen to the backlog of podcasts, and have been listening since. It has kept me entertained during work hours, whilst listening while playing or for a period of my life where I was doing fortnightly commutes of 9-12 hours between Somerset and Fife to see my wife, son and family whilst working there till i could hand in my notice.

Between him leaving and the ending of Extra Life Radio - I feel a big hole  has been left, but I am hopeful that the show will continue and that perhaps they will create a new podcast in the near future.

I love this show so much - I listen to it even during the phases that I dont have an active subscription, just to hear them discuss, and joke and laugh, and to feel part of the community.

I could go gay for those voices.

That is all.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment