Saturday, February 19, 2011

Joys of Web-Design


My biggest project on the go at the moment in university is to develop a Fault Reporting system. The website will use .jsp web pages, java servlets and connect to a mySQL database, hosted on the university system.

The assignment was handed out over a month ago, and is due in less than a weeks time... thankfully with some help from a classmate, I started to push some progression on the task last night.

So far I have achieved the following:
  • Created the web-pages (primarily html for now, but as the servlets come into play there will be java script aswell.) 
  • Designed the database tables and uploaded them to the mySQL server with the use of mySQL workbench.
After a coding session last night I now have working servlets for:
Logging in, Registering a user and the fault-report form. There is no existing connection to the database yet, although I think I have a session script set up and working for the user log-in that will help with logging in and out.

Ill spare the details of coding it all up for now, but Im taking notes as I go and may make a post as a sort of guide/reminder as I plan to do a lot more of this in the future...

Here are some images from my front end.






Its a... uh... work in progress... the actual design is a bit shit, but I had a theme in mind, just not the skills to do it yet :p

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment