Monday, October 24, 2011

Crysis 2: Post Human Difficulty

So...

I just completed the game on the hardest difficulty setting. I must say, I found it significantly more fulfilling than my last run through, at least achievement wise. Place a foot wrong, and your dead. Following the Stealth Tactics of my previous post, I found much of the game (whilst not fast paced like doing a run and gun session) to be fairly easy. There are a number of areas where I had to reload numerous times because of silly mistakes - and one or two areas where Im SURE there are more enemies than easier difficulty modes, to the point that I opt to sneaked through the area and not trigger a fight. On the other hand, there were other areas where I found it more fun to eliminate every enemy by baiting them, relocating, charging them in melee, and just generally having a giggle.

Edit: The final battle... *Spoiler. Text in black - highlight to read.*
***I inadvertently cheated the last fight. I tried to stealth kill the final bosses, but I screwed up and clubbed the guy I was trying to take out instead, and promptly legged it - fell off a cliff, and got stuck behind a car... It just so happened the car blocked most of their lines of fire, and stopped them getting within melee range, so I unloaded My K-Volt at the 3 attakcing me there, killed them all, and hunted down the last and took him out. First try. It feels like cheating when an exploit surprises ya like that ^.^ ***

I dont know if I will play through it again... at least any time soon. The gameplay is addictive, Ill give it that... but I need to study more! Its to effective a distraction :p

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment