Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crysis 2: In review


After a fairly stressful few weeks, being ill, loaded up with uni work and not being able to focus on anything, I picked up Crysis 2 and gave it a whirl. This is going to be a mini-review, but I shall start by saying that this game: is EPIC!

My first play through must have taken in excess of 30 hours, and it was fairly non stop action/storyline. I played it through on the second hardest difficulty mode (Hey, I wanted a challenge!) - This did not prove to be a bad choice, the AI is very good, the game is NOT a walkover, but there are enough areas in the game where you can just go Banzaii and lay waste to everything, as well as a good balance of areas where you HAVE to be strategic (I refer to Pinger boss fights, and the Seph guardians that kick about.)

The plot is good - it seems to a generic "Ahh were doomed" plot line based in New York - but the whole damn thing just feels so atmospheric, and gets the adrenaline pumping. Something I have not experienced since FEAR and Doom3 (Loved FEAR, Doom 3 bored me cos Im not into horror/suspense gaming.)

Graphics: Beautiful, I never played the original Crysis - the last thing I played that had flashy graphics was Probably Far-Cry... (WOW doesn't count right? :p)

Re playability? Well - I finished the game, and I immediately restarted on the hardest difficulty setting... I started off with access to the same weapon and suit mods that I had upgraded through the first walk through - though I don't seem to be able to upgrade the suit any further - perhaps a bug, but it matters not because I have the only suit mods I use already active. I am roughly 1/4 of the way through, maybe closer to 1/2 but I have probably played a good 10 hours on this setting... I have been doing a stealth run, and the change in game play brings some awesome challenges. The first run through I was learning the ropes - now I find myself boldly stepping up to most things, grabbing them by the throat into cover and inserting a knife into their face. Ill probably do a stealth guide as my next post, because it is just so much FUN!!!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment